Friday, January 23, 2009

Crafting: Cupcake Tree


I found a really neat tutorial online for making a cupcake stand and thought I’d give it a go. With limited table space at the park I thought a “cupcake tree” would be both cute and a space saver. Double score for us. Anyway – I am in mid process but thought you’d like to see this stage and then I will post the final – whenever I get to finish it. At this stage I have covered the cake “dummies” with fabric and the cake boards with wrapping paper. I am really pleased at the professional finish obtained with the fabric cover on the cake “dummies” but not at all satisfied with the wrapping paper covered cake boards. They just look a little lumpy since the paper has a bit of metallic finish and just accentuates the imperfections of the cardboard underneath. Also, the tutorial online suggested using ribbon for the boarder – tried that but couldn’t keep it straight, you know how I hate for projects to look sloppy. So, I need to tweak this a little – means putting my thinking cap on – and then come up with another plan of action. I will post more photos once I figure this all out. :0 It really does have the potential to be adorable – let’s see if I can make that happen.

No comments: