Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Making Brownies

On Wednesday we have friends coming over for dinner and it’s our turn to make dessert.  I asked Charlotte to lend a hand since she LOVES to help in the kitchen!  One of these days I will be brave and have her help me with baking from scratch but until then Charlotte is getting really good with the basics.  I generally measure everything out beforehand and just let her dump the ingredients together.  I try to show how to do little things like “smash” the egg yolks before scrambling them so it’s faster (and less messy).   


Most recently, this has been without spills – yippee!   


We do talk about what each ingredient is, the order it goes into the bowl and general info on why we need each ingredient.  


I think her favorite part is the funny "zoom" noises I make to go along with the mixing hand motions.  I am really looking forward to baking more and more with Charlotte in the years to come!

No comments: