Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pine Castle Pioneer Days











Well this has been a big week for Chambers Family outings and this morning we added another adventure to our week – Pine Castle Pioneer Days. This is an annual festival that I remember my parents taking us kids to ever since we were little. Sancha and I have decided that this event really starts the fall season for us.
It has changed a lot over the years but they still have the petting zoo, face painting, bounce house, pony rides, settler camp, cane mill, quilters, storytelling, hayrides, crafts, etc. The BEST part is the fresh homemade lemonade. Lemonade is a MUST!

Today we met up with my mom, sister, brother in law, nephews, friend Jen and her two girls Devon and Norah for a fun, if HOT, morning. Charlotte as usual was a trooper and really just enjoyed strolling around for the most part. Wayne and I found her a cute Halloween book that has goggle eyes and makes character noises. We finished our stroll with thirst quenching lemonade, fries, BBQ pork sandwiches and a root beer float – YUMM! We had planned to stop by the Pine Castle Christian Academy’s Pumpkin Patch to pick out pumpkin but were all too hot and tired to do more than get home for a midday nap. Fall Festivals really tire us out; I hope next year the weather is a little cooler!

1 comment:

La Familia Crespo said...

Awww! I can't believe I missed it. I remeber it being on the yahoo calendar. Sounds like you guys had a great time!!!