Friday, January 28, 2011

Charlotte’s 3rd Birthday Party Prep, Part I

So, it’s begun….preparation for Charlotte’s 3rd Birthday party.  

Ok, let me be honest – I’ve been working on it for over a month already…what can I say I love to throw a party!  Anyway, this year we decided to do things a little differently, aka NOT a park {over the top, invite EVERYONE we love} party.  It means something new and fun for Charlotte but does not allow us to include all of her friends, which is disappointing.  Hopefully her friends will understand and Charlotte can go back to having a big bash for her next birthday!  Anyway, I have been slowly organizing the big picture for the party and have some fun projects in the works – you know any opportunity for me to get crafty and I am on it!  Plus, for me the time and thought that go into it are, I think an expression of how special Charlotte is to us and how much I love my little girl!  Besides, I don’t think Wayne would appreciate sewn and ruffled streamers for his next bash!  {Which… I really need to work on…the countdown begins…}   

Since there is no pressure to out- do her last party (1st birthday, published in a local magazine, ahhhhhh) I have been taking it easy.  Is anyone out there buying that?  RIGHT, I didn’t think so!  So, Charlotte’s party is going to be small but with big details!  I’m going for a vintage meets modern yellows and pinks candy extravaganza.  Stay tuned to see if I can pull it off…

Last night I worked on faux candy for her birthday banner.  Gather together a few dollar store supplies and you’re off…


Today I am working on the ruffled streamers – vintage meets modern, right?  Again the dollar store comes thru with CHEAP supplies that I hope are made a little more special with some of my attention.    

No comments: