Monday, February 22, 2010

Charlotte’s Green Thumb….or NOT!


A little while ago Charlotte, my Mom, and I were able to attend Jacquelyn’s 1st Birthday party. The birthday party was a garden theme and the favors were little pots with kid gardening tools, gloves, seeds, pinwheel, etc. (Thanks Amanda!) I thought this would be a great opportunity to share a gardening experience with Charlotte. As much as she loves to be outside and gather leaves and acorns I really thought she would have fun planting her own plant and helping me with the plants by our front door.

NOT…to say the least! She was SO unimpressed with the whole process – especially getting dirt on her hands – not that she wanted to wear the adorable gloves! The whole episode was a bust especially since she was much more interested in playing with the front door handle.

Luckily Grandma was over for a visit and helped keep Charlotte motivated and me laughing! Thanks Mom!

No comments: