Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fun With The Mullins Family


This morning Charlotte and I met up with Christie, Caden, and Chase for some shopping and lunch at the Millennia mall. Christie and I have known each other since elementary school and over the years have been all the way from very close to losing touch for a couple of years and all points in between. I just love Christie and we always have such fun together. Our kids are close in age with Charlotte in the middle. She is about fourteen months younger than Chase and about fourteen months older than Chase. One of the neat things about hanging out with Caden & Chase is that I can see Charlotte’s future {with Caden} and remember her sweet past {with Chase}.

Anyway, back to today – Christie was nice enough to make this outing into a belated birthday celebration for me – HOW SWEET – she and the boys gave me the nicest card and treated me to a yummy lunch. We shopped and alternated between chasing either Charlotte or Caden all over the mall – it’s exhausting – and catching up. Caden and Charlotte were too cute and even gave each other a couple of hugs and kisses. Charlotte LOVED baby Chase and really wanted to hold him, um sorry but no! God help us we even braved IKEA…where Christie gave me some invaluable tips {for the millionth time} and we again chased kids around for hours! Thanks guys – we had a great time!

Such a great day and too bad we don’t get to do this more often. Even though we both live in Central Florida {sounds like we’re relatively close to each other, right?} we are on opposite ends of Greater Orlando and over an hour apart one way. So, I just have to soak in the times we do get to see each other and make plans to do it again soon….stay tuned.

No comments: