Sunday, December 21, 2008

I Am So Sick...

Fist off I have to say a HUGE thank you to Marcie for coming over this afternoon to sit with Charlotte so that I could go to the walk in clinic. In the last 24 hours I have developed a hugely sore throat and body aches that have just scattered my “plans” to prepare for our dinner tonight. I could tell this was not a run of the mill cold and the nurse confirmed that I have fluid behind my ears (am I typing loud) and a viral infection she initially thought was strep throat. After a VERY nasty test she ruled out strep - the UPSIDE of not having strep - is that there is not a lot they can do to cure a viral infection. Apparently I just have to wait it out and in her words “it will probably get worse before it gets better”. She sent me home with a lot of over the counter meds and advice to rest – sure, I‘ll try!

Anyway, there is no way I would have been able to get checked out without Marcie’s help. How many people would just drop what they were doing to watch a sick child in the middle of the busy holiday season. Thanks again M!

Ps - I decided to spare you and NOT include pictures with this post!

No comments: